Yes, there will be a post about my exciting and much needed weekend away in Marblehead, MA. But I wanted to get this post out there first…
I’m having a giveaway!! Yup you read it right. The first ever giveaway from Gal in the Grey Hat! Since it is my first I’m giving away a lot of my favorite things from some of my favorite shops. Here are the items I’m giving away!
The lovely Pesha at Flowers By Pesha is offering to give one lucky reader one of these little planters OR one of the cute cacti you see in the photo above. Due to the nature of this giveaway you have to live in the Capital Region (Albany, Troy, Schenectady, etc).
The second set of items I’m giving away are from Market Block Books in Troy, NY (are you seeing a pattern yet?). Anyone who knows me knows I love to read and to write. I also like to shop local. So why not give away a set of pocket notebooks (my favorite brand) and a pin to remind you to read and when you read to read local?
Next up (nope not done yet!) is a very yummy smelling treat from a new favorite shop in Troy. T and J Soaps is always a stop off when I’m in Troy. Theresa always has some new soap or lip balm in the works. Just last night she was working on something extra special…but you’ll have to stop in to find out. So this little give away included a lip balm and handmade lotion bar. The lip balm flavor is Blood Orange and the lotion bar (nice substitute for perfume) scent is Dragon’s Blood.
Last on the list…I told you this was a pretty big giveaway…
This last set of items includes another little something from T and J Soaps (which you can also order online from their etsy shop (here) a bar of soap…honestly once you try her soaps you’ll be hooked!
A pretty print from Design it Together. This place is super fun to visit. They do it all. They are a a multi-platform, eco-friendly printing studio and performance space providing professional printing, plus they do some self-service screen printing via their Print Lab. To top it all off they sell apparel, poster prints, and stationery through their line of designs, Troy Cloth & Paper. Seriously these guys do it all!
Of course no gift would be complete without a little tea for your tastebuds. So I’ve got a small tin of loose leaf oolong peach tea in this mix from Enchanté Whole Leaf Teas. This is a sweet spot to visit and enjoy a cup of tea and conversation with friends. Plus the last Friday of the month an open mic poetry night is held. Hot and cold tea is available as well as the always yummy bubble tea!
So just how do you go about winning any of these pretty sweet items? Well, you need to do a few things for me….
How to enter!
1. In the comments let me know which giveaway item you REALLY would love to win. (You can’t win them all)
2. Head on over and like Gal in the Grey Hat on Facebook. (If you already like me on Facebook, you happen to be ahead of the game…just send me a message on the Facebook page so I know you already liked me ahead of time.) Come back and comment to let me know you’ve liked me on Facebook.
3. Encourage your friends to get in on it too! If they do and they mention that you sent them on the Facebook page YOU get an extra entry!!
(gotta have them)
1. Only open to US and Canada (sorry folks postage is a killer these days)
2. You can only put in for ONE prize in the comments. They are all pretty awesome and I really want to keep them all.
3. You must live in the Capital Region to win the item from Flowers by Pesha! Her creations are pretty delicate and won’t ship well.
4. You have until June 27th at 11pm to enter! I’ll be drawing the winners on Friday, June 28 by pulling names out of the Grey Hat! I’ll even video tape it.
5. Once winners have been contacted I’ll post all about it.
So get out there and comment, like, and good luck!
**Tea and floral item from Flowers by Pesha were donated for the giveaway. All other items were purchased by me.**