A fellow blogger tagged me in this here challenge a few months back and at the time I didn’t feel my blog was really a tea blog. It still really isn’t, but I do plan to write more about tea here and there. So why not?
1) First, let’s start with how you were introduced & fell in love with the wonderful beverage of tea?
Way back when my grandma would visit us for the summer and she would (and still does) always make tea (lipton/bagged) and pb&j on toast. Many moons ago on one such visit I asked her if I could try. She gave me more milk and sugar than tea, but I was hooked. Later in life I was introduced to Teavana (not my favorite) and from there I searched out more and more loose leaf blends.
2) What was the very first tea blend that you ever tried?
I think the first thing I ever tried was something like Sleepytime (which was bagged). First loose leaf blend was Aztec Fire and Mate Vana from Teavana.
3) When did you start your tea blog & what was your hope for creating it?
My old tea blog – The Purrfect Cup was started maybe two years ago and I thought it would just be a place to talk about tea and the like. That’s gone by the wayside now and now I have this here blog which I plan to just sometimes chat about tea for kicks and giggles.
4) List one thing most rewarding about your blog & one thing most discouraging.
With the old blog it was a bit discouraging that the same folks were reading it and I wasn’t getting new folks to come by for a read. With this new blog I’m finding talking about everything and nothing brings in new folks all the time.
5) What type of tea are you most likely to be caught sipping on?
Straight teas are likely in my cup. A nice strong Assam or a soothing Oolong. Sometimes I reach for a blend, but that seems to be more of a seasonal thing.
6) Favourite tea latte to indulge in?
I like a early grey latte from Starbucks now and again. But I’ve started to make my own out of honeybush here and there.
7) Favourite treat to pair with your tea?
Not much since I’m gluten free. But sometimes the Hubbins makes gf cookies.
8) If there was one place in the World that you could explore the tea culture at, where would it be & why?
Oooh, I’d have to think on that one…
9) Any tea time rituals you have that you’d like to share?
Just making the loose leaf tea is a ritual for me. But I do like sharing tea with friends. Something I don’t do enough of.
10) Time of day you enjoy drinking tea the most: Morning, Noon, Night or Anytime?
All day long.
11) What’s one thing you wish for tea in the future?
I hope more people get into tea. I think most people feel it isn’t for everyone. That it’s still something only the “rich” drink.
If you’d like to read a real deal tea blog head on over to Tea Pages, she talks about tea all the time!